Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Better than Humans

The older I get the stronger my dislike of people gets. When I say this I mean people in general, the cruelty, selfishness, disregard, rudeness, carelessness, recklessness, etc. of humans. Because of this my like of animals has grown.

I have two pets, both are cats, and find they are always there when I need them. Out of practicality the number of pets I have has not grown. If I wasn’t choosing to be practical my house would be a haven for animals, cats, dogs, fish, birds, turtles, tortoises, hamsters, hedgehogs, etc.






Right now I am fighting the urge to order a duck or six at a website that sells all sorts of birds,
http://www.efowl.com/Small_Duck_Breeds_s/56.htm

I want a cute, fluffy, yellow duck with a pink rounded beak and honest, trusting eyes. I saw a baby duck in a movie and the trust of the tiny bird held in rough human hands, the way it walked behind its owner when set down, and its innocence made me yearn for a duck of my own.  (The movie is "Hey, Hey It's Esther Blueberger!, on Netflix, www.Netflix.com)

I have no idea how to care for a fuzzy, yellow, duck, what they eat, how big they get, if they can be outside animals in the cold and snow, do they thrive as pets, what their living quarters should be, and will cats try to eat a baby duck. If only I had enough money to set up a small zoo where I could keep all the animals I want.  I guess I would also need to not work so much so I had the time to have a small zoo and then my obsessions would be satisfied.   I wish I had bought a zoo  http://www.dartmoorzoo.org/ 

Image: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=989

No comments:

Post a Comment